Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Blog Revamp 1?

Sooo I got to thinking the other night. I realized the reason I have been feeling so uninspired to write, was because my mind was going in to many directions, with to many different ideas. Should I write about my fashion style, should I write about that persons fashion style, or whats hot, not, and should not be got. I came to the conclusion that, while it may work for others, that won't necessarily work for me. So I sat my little avvie's butt down and thought about, what am I passionate about in sl? Well duh, fashion. Ok, next step. What about fashion inspires me? The detail, the hard to find jewels. Ok good good, keeep gooooing afro.. Then I got an Idea...

SL Fashion, like RL fashion, can sometimes neglect the darker spectrum of our beautifully made bodies. Having said this, I find it can be challenging, in both a good way and negative way, to find realistic, beautifully made skins for those of african american background. I have searched high and low, and while I have found many treasures (as the one I am about to show you), I have also found some that are COMPLETELY off base.

So with that being said, I think for now, the direction of my blog will be finding the beauty in nubian skins. I will hunt down, the best there is to offer, and bring it to you.

Now for photos!

I have been eyeing this skin for quite some time. The details are dead on, the shading near perfect. Realistic flaws here and there as well, but thats what enhances the beauty of this skin for me.

Laqroki's new skin line Imani (which btw is my rl middle name in swahili, LOOOOVEDEDED that) Is like a little black porcelian doll, she's GORGEOUS! The detail in the lips is enough to make you scream with glee :P!

I also thought the red undertones of this skin would look stunning with the new Picadi/Jasha store's lingerie line "The French" in red. When you look at this set, the texture is beyond luxurious. The little added bows on the hip area seal this little delectible find up like a present!







Naturally I thought that Duh!'s Scarlet Pumps would make this outfit complete, along with Armidi's 'The Envy" hair. I really feel like the hair gives it that seductive look, of course the lingerie does it all by its self. But with this hair, you know for sure what is goin' on!


So that is the agenda for the time being... I think it's a good idea...what do yooou think?

Smooches,
Afrosia

(P.s. I'm still learning about photo taking, and close ups, and lighting, and all that. And I may redo these photos as they don't show off the incredibleness of this outfit. If anybody has any tips, hints, ideas, pwease share :D! Sharing is caring ;P!)

No comments: