Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sam's Secret Closet Fashion Show

Ok I must admit, I'm alittle giddy as this is the first fashion show I've been to and am going to review on.. *SQUEEE* Ok.. enough of the girlyness, and on to the goods!
Unfortunately because of heavy lagtasticness, I was unable to see the names of each individual outfit, however I do have several photos to share!

This gorgeous gown was first inline, you can see the sheer lacy overlay of the red skirt. I thought this was absolutely divine, and I was not alone as several members of the audience shouted "I want that one daaawling". The decolletage of this ensemble is plunging, but in the right direction, so many times we see a designer just run straight for the belly button. This however, is done quite tastefully.




When Miss Thang, came strutting down the run way in this, you KNOW she was feeling herself. Furthermore you know that if a model struts like there's no tomorrow in an outfit you've given her to wear, either that is some serious modeling, or you're just that damn good of a designer. For this out fit I'm definitely going to have to say: " You're just that damned good of a designer". With hand drawn sequins over the top of the blouse, shoulders, and sleeves. This dress is sure to make you feel cosmically entranced!




I absolutely fell in love with this gown.. the layers, the colors, the final pose of the model. Everything about this particular gown made me want to just applaud the night away. No photo could do this one justice, you simply have to take a trip over to Sam's, and try it on. I myself shall be paying a visit today as I simply MUST have this in my inventory...


As with the gown above, this seems to be a casual for of that very same gown. The swaying of the skirt, and the boning in the botice is absolutely delightful, giving you a very structured look, and yet making it feel and seem as though it is just effortless. (Did I mention I was seriously in love with her hair!?!?).

A different take on the second photo, above, little fabric strips and layers have been added to give it a very fun flair. Again the sequins over the top, shoulders, and arms, have been hand drawn as well as the detailing on the fabric from which the skirt has been made. Marvelous!







I swear, they must have known Orange was my favorite color. This is another completely fun outfit, I am especially fond of the shirt, I love the bias cut, and just the way it hangs from the torso gives it a slightly futuristic "5th Element" sort of feel! Love it!



So, I must tell you, this event was so much fun, and I only hope to continue doing this, as I found it quite inspiring. Do trust, next time there will be more photos (of better quality..:P currently in the midst of an RL move soooo..*le sigh* yeeeah..).


Everybody keep rockin',
Afrosia


No comments: